Dining in Morocco
- Categories of Restaurant
- Cheap restaurants
- These are small stalls where one finds the Moroccan working class style.
One finds soups, kebabs, snails, fish and seafood at low prices.
- Generally serve a "European" food, in particular chawarma and pizzas, as also sometimes tajines or couscous.
- Top of the range restaurants, offering varieties of tajines as well as fish based European dishes for example
- Rules For Eating Out
- A tip of few Dirhams is expected
|Economy Meal||Less than 7 Euro|
|Medium Price Meal||From 7 to 22 Euro|
|Good Quality Meal||More than 22 Euro|
- Food Specialties
Moroccan cuisine is prepared with exquisite spices, vegetables and fruits, fish and meats.
You can taste:
- Kebabs: pieces of beef or chicken marinated with spices
- Couscous: wheat flour with meat and vegetables
- Lamb barbecue: whole lamb on a skewer
- Pastilla: with pigeon, chicken or seafood (this recipe contains all the Middle-East and North-African flavours).
- Tajines: red or white meat with sauce and vegetables or dry fruits
Tea is found everywhere. Moroccans consume green tea of China, often decorated with mint. Coffee is also found very much.
Fresh fruit juices are varied and excellent.
Alcohol is relatively rare, though the Meknès region produces pleasant wines.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Table Manners
- Traditionally, the right hand is used for eating
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Morocco!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: