Sourcing in the Netherlands
- Type of Production
- The industry is reponsible for 24% of the Dutch GDP. Industrial activity is predominantly in food processing, chemicals, petroleum refining, and electrical machinery. All of these industry are highly competitive.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Dutch Potato Proccesing Association
Dutch Chemical Association
Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Oil and Gas Industry
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- A number of original equipment manufacturers in the chemical, farmaceutical and technological sector. The Netherlands spend about 2% of their GDP on research and development.
- Original Design Manufacturers
- There are some original design manufacturers in the Netherlands, mainly in the technical sector.
Dutch subcontractors for specific jobs are hired on a regular base; particularly in the construction industry and in the area of consultancy (think of market research or water management for instance).
Subcontractors (mainly for labor and technological intensive products) can be found in Asia so the Dutchs suffer from Asian competition.
- Useful Resources
Dutch Innovation Platform
Confederation of Netherlands Industry
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Find the related Dutch companies with Kompass:
Internationalization Consulting, BrazilHow2Go specializes in bilateral internationalization of companies from Europe and America, formed by a team of...