Communications in the Netherlands
- Official Language
- Official languages: Dutch and Frisian.
- Other Languages Spoken
Commercial languages: English, German and Spanish. In the Netherlands, the official language is Dutch. However, it is important to note the growing use of English, German and Spanish in business.
- Business Language
- The majority of the population speaks English, which is the most used language in trade.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Some basic Dutch can be found here.
- Free Translation Tools
Babel Fish : Basic word / sentence translator
Free Translations : Basic word / sentence translator
- Quality of Communications
- The telecommunications infrastructure in the Netherlands is advanced. ISDN, mobile communications and satellite reception have grown substantially in recent years. The cable penetration rate is more than 90 percent. The main network backbone is fiber optic.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From the Netherlands, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in the Netherlands, Dial +31
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
10, numbers begin with a 0 followed by 2 or 3 numbers representing the area code and 6 or 7 numbers of the subscriber code.
If need be, the site Numbering plans gives you complete instructions about numbering and the detailed list of Dutch regional codes.
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- The Netherlands has an international standard. To call without a subscription you can use pre-paid cards.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- T-Mobile (Orange is part of them), Vodafone, KPN, HI
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Wanado Casema, XS4ALL, UPC, Telfort
- Access in Public Places
- Accessible in a lot of places; think of universities, libraries and restaurants. A list with hotspots can be found on hotspotsvinden.nl (page is in Dutch - click on a cityname to see a list with places).
- Access in Hotels
- Accessible in the more luxurious hotels.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in the Netherlands!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Dutch companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: