Immigration in Norway
Passport and Visa Requirements
- Passport and Visa Service
Consult the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration website
Visa Fact Sheet at the website
- For Further Information
All Norwegian Embassies and Consulates can be found here.
Taxes and Restrictions On Persons When Going Through Customs
- Taxation On Persons
200 cigarettes or 250 g of other tobacco products. In addition to this one can bring 200 leaves of cigarette paper.
The minimum age for importing tobacco products is 18 years.
1 litre of liquor ( between 22% and 60%) and 1,5 litre of alcoholic beaverages with alcohol volume between 2,5% and 22%. Or 3 litres of alcohol with more than 2,5% up to and including 22 % alcohol per volume.
In addition one can bring 2 litres of beer or other beaverages with alchohol between 2,5% and 4,75% per volume.
Only persons over the age of 18 are allowed to import alcoholic beverages. For importing alcoholic beverages with more than 22 % alcohol per volume the minimum age is 20 years.
Importing alcohol over 60 % per volume requires a special permission.
- No restrictions.
- Foreign Currency
- On entering Norway, travellers are allowed to bring currency or other means of payment (cheques, travellers cheuques or other documents of value) up to a value of NOK 25 000 without notification.
- Obligatory Declaration of Foreign Currency
- Amounts that exceed in value NOK 25 000 have to be decleared.
- Local Currency
- You must give notification when travelling from Norway with means of payment in excess of NOK 25 000.
- Obligatory Declaration of Local Currency
- Yes. Limit is NOK 25 000.
- How to Refund Consumption Tax
- Details can be found here.
- Other Requirements
- If you have been outside Norway for at least 24 hours, the goods you bring with you free of customs and excise duties cannot exceed total value of NOK 6000. If you have been outside Norway for less than 24 hours you can bring goods representing a total value of 3000 NOK free of customs and excise duties.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Immigration in Norway!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Norvegian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: