Corporate Tax in Norway
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Resident companies are taxed on their worldwide income (unless income is extempt under an applicable tax treaty). Nonresidents are taxed on Norwegian-source income.
|National corporate income tax||28%|
|Corporate income tax on income derived from the extraction and processing of petroleum resources and pipeline transport for companies operating in the Norwegian continental shelf.||Additional flat rate of 50 %|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- No additional taxes for foreign companies.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Flat rate of 28%. Right to deduction for losses. Capital gains on shares and dividens recieved by companies are often exempt from tax.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
Ordinary business expenses are generally deductible: research expenditure, depreciation, social security payments, losses, interest payments, royalty payments, but no entertainment expenditures. For additional information, consult the Deloitte Tax Guide.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Excise taxes, 2,5% stamp duty on deeds of conveyance, property tax (0,2% - 0,7%), environmental taxes.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||4.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||87.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||41.6||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Norway!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Norvegian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: