Personal Tax in Norway
- Tax Base For Residents and Non-Residents
- Residents are subject to taxation on their worldwide income (unless income is extempt under an applicable tax treaty). Nonresidents are taxed on Norwegian-source income. Access the Tax Guide on Norway from PKF.
|General combined rate (municipal and national) on net income.||28%|
|A lower rate applies for the counties of Finnmark and Nord-Troms.||24.5%|
|An additional national income tax is payable on "gross personal income".||Progressive rate from 0% to 12%|
|From NOK 0 to 441,000||0%|
|From NOK 441,001 to 716,600||9%|
|Above NOK 716,600||12%|
- Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- All expenses incurred for the purpose of earning or securing income are deductible. Taxpayer can also claim deductions for interest paid on debt, supporting children younger than age 12 and pension plan premiums. Married taxpayers can file jointly.
- Special Expatriate Tax Regime
- Expatriate personnel temporarily assigned to Norway are entitled to some deduction on gross income in addition to the standard deductions. This rule is applicable for the first four years of stay.
- Capital Tax Rate
- Individuals are subject to a national wealth tax on any taxable wealth (revenues and assets) over NOK 700,000. The flat rate is 1.1%. A municipal tax also apply (rates from 0.2 to 0.7%)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Personal Tax in Norway!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Norvegian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: