Communications in Norway
- Official Language
- Nearly all Norwegians speak the official language, Norwegian. It has two written forms, Bokmål and Nynorsk. Bokmål is more common of the two. In some districts Sami (spoken by the Sami minority) is also an official language.
- Other Languages Spoken
Official language : Norwegian
Business languages: Norwegian & English.
- Business Language
- Most Norwegians speak at least some English. Business people speak excellent English.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Basics of Norwegian language.
- Free Translation Tools
Dicts : Basic word / sentence translator
Free Translation : Basic word / sentence translator
- Quality of Communications
- The telecommunications infrastructure in Norway is one of the most advanced in Europe. Broadband, ADSL and wireless networks are widely available. There are as many cellular phone subscriptions as there are inhabitants. 80% of the people have internet access at home.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Norway, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Norway, Dial +47
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- 8-9. Numbers begin with 1 or 2 numbers representing the area code and 7 numbers of the subsriber code. Numbering plans gives you complete instructions about numbering. A detailed list of Norwegian regional codes can be found here.
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and HSDPA.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Telenor and NetCom are major operators. The Norwegian Post and Telecommunications Authority maintains an updated list of all moblie phone operators with price information: Telepriser.no (in Norwegian)
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Telenor, NextGenTel, Tele2 and Ventelo are major providers. List of all internet providers: Telepriser.no.
- Access in Public Places
- Some cafes and other public places, mainly in Oslo. List of hotspots.
- Access in Hotels
- Available in the more luxurious hotels and varyingly in others.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Norway!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Norvegian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: