Investment Incentives in the Philippines
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Exemptions and tax relief, administrative and Customs facilities.
- Privileged Domains
Tax incentives (exemptions and tax relief) and non-tax incentives (import facilities, easy family reunification, assistance)
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Priority sectors in the 2008 Investment Plan: agriculture, agrobusiness, fishing, infrastructure, tourism, research and development, engineering products, highly technological strategic activities and those creating jobs.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- The autonomous region of Mindanao, less developed areas (LDA), "ecozones" under the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), and the special economic zones of Subic Bay (SBF), Clark (CSEZ), Cagayan, and Zamboanga (Zamboecozone).
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- Tax incentives available to enterprises registered with the Board of Investments (BOI) or the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) include six years’ income tax holidays for pioneer firms and four years for non-pioneer firms with expanding firms granted three years. Tax credits are available for taxes and duties paid on purchases of raw materials of products for export, domestic capital equipment, domestic breeding stock and genetic materials. A number of Special Economic Zones, some of which are operated as separate customs territories also exist. For more information on tax incentive programs you can consult the Foreign Investment Act and the Trade and Investment Development Corporation of the Philippines (TIDCORP).
- Useful Links
Board of Investment
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in the Philippines!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: