Industrial Standards in the Philippines
- National Standards Organizations
Bureau of Product Standards
- Integration in the International Standards Network
- The Philippines are members of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), the ASEAN Consultative Committee on Standards and Quality (ACCSQ).
- Classification of Standards
- PNS (Philippine National Standard) is the mark of the national standard.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
The Bureau of Product Standards, BPS is an organization depending on the Administration which is in charge of the promotion, coordination and introduction of activities relative to the approval and standardization of products on the Philippine market. Its main objective is to support the various economic agents in promotion, supervision and quality assurance through the development of technical standards, and the carrying out of trials and product certification.
The certification system of the Bureau of Product Standards (BPS) authorizes the use of the PS mark (Philippine Standards) for companies which, when manufacturing their products, observe permanently the corresponding national and international standards. The BPS is a member of the ISO.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- A list can be consulted on the Philippines National Standards Catalog on the Bureau of Product Standards website.
- Associations of Standards Users
A list of organizations cooperating with the BPS is available under "Standards Organizations" in the Country Commercial Guide.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Industrial Standards in the Philippines!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: