Domestic Transportation in the Philippines
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- For traveling within Manila, the taxi is the most recommended means of transport. The bus network is very developed but has reached saturation. There are three metro lines which serve part of the town.
- Maps of Urban Networks
UT Library on line
- Urban Transport Agencies
Vallacar Transit Corporation
Farinas Transit Company
Partas Transportation Co.
- Find an Itinerary
- Taxi Companies
Caloocan City Taxi
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Manila Intl - Ninoy Aquino (MNL)||8 km / 5 miles||PHP 380-450 or USD 6-9 / 15-30 min||PHP 50 / 45 min||-||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- The Philippine islands are well provided with air lines, bus networks, as well as ferries. On the other hand railroads are used only in the southern part of the islands (connection between Manila and Legazpi).
- Rail Companies
Philippine National Railways
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|Air Philippines||low cost||domestic flights||No|
|Cebu Pacific||low cost||domestic flights||Yes|
|Philippines Airlines||Major||domestic flights||Yes|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- It is not advisable for foreigners to drive because of bad road conditions, and the rather risky driving of the Filipinos. It is thus recommended to rent a chauffeur-driven car.
- Driver's License
- Theoretically a western driver's license is enough, but an international license is sometimes required.
- Conditions For Renting a Vehicle
- Generally, you are required to be over 21 and to have two years' experience.
- Rental Agencies
- Tolls or Taxes
- The Philippines have six toll motorways where you can pay by electronic means, cash or season ticket.
- Road Maps
- Find an Itinerary
Maps of World
- Parking Facilities
- You can easily find parking facilities around shopping centers and hotels.
Rules of the Road
- Minimum Driving Age
- The minimum age is 16.
- Side of the Road For Driving
- You drive on the right.
- Speed Limits
- Speed is limited to 80km/h outside towns and 30km/h in town.
- Safety Belts
- It is mandatory to wear a seat belt.
- Permitted Amount of Alcohol in the Blood
- Driving under the effects of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
- National Roads Organizations
Land Transportation Office
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Learning how to approach certain tasks as a foreign manager in the Philippines with greater cultural sensitivity and skill will help you get the job done.
GTP - Global Training Partners Singapore on 25 Feb 2014 related to Domestic Transportation in the Philippines
Cross Cultural Intercultural Training Singapore