Investment Opportunities in Poland
Protection of Foreign Investment
Country Comparison For the Protection of Investors
|Poland||Eastern Europe & Central Asia||United States||Germany|
|Index of Transaction Transparency*||7.0||6.3||7.0||5.0|
|Index of Manager’s Responsibility**||2.0||4.0||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Shareholders’ Power***||9.0||6.2||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Investor Protection****||6.0||5.5||8.3||5.0|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Procedures Relative to Foreign Investment
- Acquisition of Holdings
- Taking a majority holding in the capital of a Polish company is allowed, as long as an authorization is obtained.
- Obligation to Declare
- The investment promotion agency in the country gives information about the authorizations necessary for setting up business.
Office Real Estate and Land Ownership
- Possible Temporary Solutions
- Regus (http://www.regus.pl/); Inoffice (http://www.inoffice.pl/); Chambers of Commerce including the CCIFP
- The Possibility of Buying Land and Industrial and Commercial Buildings
- Forms of Aid
- Poland has no funds to help foreign investors. Polish aid is only of a fiscal nature. In the framework of the European long term program PHARE, investors can obtain medium term aid. European funds are very important for SMEs and large companies based in Poland and they represent a total of 80 billion euros for the period 2007-2015, including 25 billion dedicated to infrastructure. The Polish Investment Agency provides a lot of information.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- In the case of investment in special economic areas, investors can benefit from tax relief. In addition, in the case of hiring in regions with high levels of unemployment, companies can benefit from tax reductions.
- Tenders, Projects and Public Procurement
Public Procurement Office
Tenders Info, Tenders in Poland
Ted - Tenders Electronic daily, Business opportunities in EU 27
DgMarket, Tenders Worldwide
Finding Assistance For Further Information
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Opportunities in Poland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Polish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: