Sales Representative in Poland
- Trading Companies
- Type of Organization
- Industrial distributors may be part of a network that developed from former foreign trade organizations (that handled imports during the Communist period), or may be individuals with significant connections to their industry (frequently former employees of the large foreign trade firms). As industries and companies continue to privatize in Poland, distribution networks are expanding in scope and complexity. Many distributors of industrial equipment are specialized and have very specific technical expertise. Because of this, some are better able to represent foreign manufacturers on a national level than most consumer goods distributors. However, exporters should be aware that large industrial enterprises would rather have direct contact with manufacturers when purchasing heavy machinery.
- Main Actors
- To see the list of 45 316 wholesalers in different sectors classified by sector and by region, click here.
Using a Commercial Agent
- The Advantages
- Using a commercial agent when the population is scattered, allows you, first of all, to have direct contact with the market and the customer. It also allows you to avoid language barriers. The structure is light and flexible.
- Where to Be Vigilant
- Be careful when choosing the person, provide product and marketing training, and maintain frequent direct contact.
- Elements of Motivation
- An exclusive contract, regular visits, a car, a computer and a mobile phone.
- The Average Amount of Commission
- The amount of commission depends on the sector and the amount of business.
- Breach of Contract
- EU rules, compensation to be expected.
- Finding a Commercial Agent
Network of commercial agents, list of professional chambers both local and by branch.
Setting Up a Commercial Unit
- The Advantages
- Setting up a commercial unit means a direct presence and visibility of the brand.
- Where to Be Vigilant
- To be considered in a medium/long term strategy.
- Different Possible Forms of Settlement
- A Representative Office
- A representative office cannot have any commercial activity (sales, invoicing), it can only promote and give information. It is not subject to corporate tax. It must be registered with the Ministry of the Economy. Be careful: the person in charge of the office must reside in Poland.
- A Branch Office
- Subsidiary or branch office. It can carry out all commercial activities.
- A Company
- Setting up a subsidiary company can be really worthwhile except in the case of European investment.
- Evolution of the Sector
- Franchising only represents 4.2% of GDP (against 15% in Western Europe). Growth forecasts for the next few years are 20% per year. Most franchise systems (72%) come from the EU, especially from Germany and France, but also from UK, Netherlands and Czech Republic. American franchises represent 11% of GDP. Retail trade has 58% of the market, services 42%. Polish brands have developed the system at the same time as foreign franchises and have a large market share (69% in number of companies). Franchises have set up in the sectors of catering, real estate, sports items and perfume. There are no very specific regulations for franchising and banks have not developed special aid for this sector.
- Some Big Franchises
Mc Donald, fast food
KFC, fast food
Century 21, real estate
Yves Rocher, body care
Jean Louis David, hair style
A. Blikle, food
Dr Irena Eris, body care
- For Further Information
Portal dedicated to franchising , with database
Polska Organizacja Franczyzodawcow , Polish franchisers organization
- Export Trading Companies
Catalog of Polish exporters by sector and by region
- Recommended Resource
- LOGOS: Access to Eastern European markets
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sales Representative in Poland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Polish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: