Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Poland
Accounting (1) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- Podatek od towarów i usÅ?ug (PTU/VAT)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- Poland apply a reduced VAT rate of 8% on certain categories of goods and services, including water supplies, pharmaceutical products, medical equipment for disabled persons, children’s car seats, books, newspapers, hotel accommodation… The country applies a reduced VAT rate of 5% on foodstuffs, agricultural inputs…
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Most exported goods and services are zero-rated for VAT.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- VAT is imposed on supply of goods and services manufactured / provided in Poland or imported to the country. Inter-community acquisition and supply of goods are also imposed. Registration is necessary for corporation turning over PLN 50 000 and more. Payments are monthly.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- For additional information on consumption tax.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Polish companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,