Customs in Poland
- Import Procedures
- When goods from inside the European community are introduced into Poland, the exporter is obliged to fill in, at the end of the month, a Declaration of Exchange of Goods or Intrastat Declaration.
The Customs declaration (SAD) is still in force for trade between Poland and third countries.
- Importing Samples
- Importing samples are not taxed.
Customs Duties and Taxes on Imports
- Average Customs Duty (Excluding Agricultural Products)
- Transactions carried out inside the EEA are free of duty.
The European Union's Common Customs Tarif (CCT) applies to goods from outside Europe. In general, duty is relatively low, especially for industrial goods (4.2% on average).
- Products Having a Higher Customs Tariff
- To find out the customs duty on a product according to its country of origin, consult the TARIC database.
- Preferential Rates
- Since it joined the European Union on 1 May 2004, Poland has adopted the Common Customs Tarif (CCT) of the EU. Consequently, when industrial goods and agricultural products from one of the 25 Member States are marketed in Poland, there is no applicable Customs duty.
- Customs Classification
- The combined Nomenclature of the European Community (EC) integrates the HS nomenclature and has supplementary eight figure subdivisions and its own legal notes created for community purposes.
- Method of Calculation of Duties
- For goods from outside Europe, Customs duties are calculated Ad Valorem on the CIF value, in accordance with the Common Customs Tarif (CCT) for all the countries of the Union.
- Method of Payment of Customs Duties
- Bank transfer
- Import Taxes (Excluding Consumer Taxes)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Report outlines national laws in Poland relating to food and agricultural regulations and standards
Foreign Agricultural Service on 23 Jan 2013 related to Customs in Poland
Although the European Union is a customs union with a Community Customs Code and a harmonized tariff system for product classification, customs administration is a Member State activity.
U.S. Commercial Service Italy on 30 Sep 2012 related to Customs in Poland
Find the related Polish companies with Kompass:
Part of USDA, the United StatesThe Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) works to improve foreign market...
U.S. Department of Commerce, Italy