Communications in Poland
- Official Language
- The official language is Polish.
- Other Languages Spoken
Polish belongs to the family of West Slavic languages (with Czech and Slovakian).
The most spoken foreign languages are German and English, but it is useful to know a few words of Polish to travel around the country, especially outside large urban areas.
- Business Language
- According to the type of company you contact, the geographical location and the sector of activity, it may be difficult to find someone who speaks English. Insufficient knowledge of English and German often makes it necessary to bring in an interpreter. However, the younger generations speak English more and more frequently.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Consult the Expat In Poland website.
- Free Translation Tools
Onet Portail de la Conaissance : On-line dictionary (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Hebrew)
TravLang : On-line dictionary
Leksyka : On-line dictionary (English, German)
- Quality of Communications
- It is possible to make international calls all over the world. In some regions the telephone system is still analog, and this makes some digital services inaccessible.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Poland, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Poland, Dial +48
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- 0 + number of the place + 4/7 figures
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- GSM, UMTS, GPRS
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Era, Plus, Orange, Heyah, Play
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Neostrada, InternetDSL, Net24, Multimo, Dialog, Broker, UPC Live
- Access in Public Places
- There are Internet cafés in towns. More and more bars are offering Wi-Fi access.
- Access in Hotels
- Apart from a few exceptions, only hotels in large towns have Internet connection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Poland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Polish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: