Dining in Poland
- Categories of Restaurant
- Traditional Polish restaurants
- More or less everywhere in Poland. These restaurants serve a variety of dishes in authentic surroundings. "Pierogi" made by hand, pork meats, "bigos" and all sorts of soup are favorite dishes.
- Foreign restaurants
- In large towns it is easy to find restaurants serving dishes from different countries, in particular Italian, Chinese, Greek and Japanese cuisine.
- "milk bars" (bar mleczny)
- "Milk bars" (bar mleczny) are Soviet-style canteens and have mostly disappeared. They are a good alternative to restaurants and give good value for money. Often self-service, they can be found in very simple premises and offer a limited choice of basic dishes.
- The large, international fast-food chains are to be found in all the large urban areas. There are many small "kebab"-type fast-foods and others.
- Rules For Eating Out
- Most restaurants serve food all day and in the evening till about 11pm, sometimes later.
A tip of between 5 and 10% of the total cost of the order is generally expected.
|Economy Meal||from 5 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||about 12 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||from 12 EUR|
- Food Specialties
The most well known specialties in Poland are the following:
Barszcz : beetroot soup with small ravioli stuffed with mushrooms or meat.
Placki Ziemniaczane : potato fritters
Bigos : cabbage with pieces of meat, prepared over several days.
Szarlotka : apple cake sprinkled with cinnamon.
Makowiec : poppyseed cake
- Concerning drink and spirits, the Poles are very fond of vodka and beer; Zywiec, Okocim and EB are the most famous in Poland. There is little Polish wine, so it is preferable to buy foreign wines. Tea is an institution and coffee is sometimes drunk Turkish-style.
- Dietary Restrictions
- There are no dietary restrictions in the country.
- Table Manners
- Table manners are continental.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Poland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Polish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: