Sightseeing in Poland
Tourism and Culture
Different Forms of Tourism
- There are many historic monuments to visit: Wilanow Palace, The Castle and Cathedral of Wawel or Malbork Castle.
- Cinemas, theater, ballet and opera, art galleries and museums in the large towns, such as the Czartoryski Museum in Krakow.
Poland is known for its many parks and natural reserves.
Kampinos National Park
Bieszczady National Park
Bialowieza National Park
Slowinski National Park
In Poland there are a large number of churches, especially Catholic ones. There are also Orthodox places of worship.
The Jasna Gora Monastery (Czestochowa) is very well known.
- There are many thermal spas in Poland.
- The northern front of the country is open to the Baltic sea. There are many seaside resorts and sand beaches along the coast. The lakes of Mazuria are also a favorite destination for their beaches and numerous water sports.
- Winter Sports
Cross country skiing and skating are practised almost all over the country.
Alpine skiing can be practised in some resorts in the south of the country, especially in Zakopane.
- Outdoor Activities
- Fishing, hiking, white water activities and equestrian activities.
Glass and enamelware, handwoven rugs, silverware, handmade jewellery with amber and silver, dolls in regional costumes, woodcarvings and clay and metal sculptures.
Individual and Civic Freedoms
- Political Freedom
- Civil Liberty
- Freedom of the Press
- The Polish media are free and put forward a wide range of political, economic and cultural opinions.
World Ranking of Freedom of the Press According to "Reporters sans Frontières", 2009 report : 37/175
Evolution: 12 places up compared to 2008
- For Further Information, Consult Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2009, Reporters Without Borders
- Free Access to the Internet
- Freedom of Assembly
- Rule of Law
- Personal Autonomy and Individual Rights
- Women's Condition
- Relatively good
- For Further Information
American Secretariat of State
The annual report on freedom of the press by Reporters without Borders
Human Rights Watch
- Degree of Freedom
- Freedom of religion is guaranteed by the law. In practice, the government usually respects this right.
Orthodox Christians 1.8%
- Role of Religion in Society
- Religion plays an important part in Polish society and is deeply rooted in Polish culture.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sightseeing in Poland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Polish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: