Industrial Standards in Portugal
- National Standards Organizations
Portuguese certification association (APCER)
Portuguese quality institute (IPQ)
- Integration in the International Standards Network
At the European level:
- CEN, European Committee for Standardization
- CENELEC, European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization
At the international level:
- International Standard organization (ISO)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Obligation to Use Standards
- Conformity to standards is compulsory for products such as machines, tools, electrical appliances, sports equipment, toys etc., and this list continues to grow. Goods which have complex technology or are potentially dangerous must be submitted for rigorous testing and approval procedures before they can be marketed in Portugal.
- Classification of Standards
NP, the national certfication mark
CE, European certification mark. It is compulsory for a product to be sold on the market.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- The Portuguese are increasingly receptive to standards being observed; the PT mark, or the ISO 9000 certification, are well known to consumers and firms, and they are appreciated for their guarantee of the quality and safety of products and services. Information and awareness campaigns are carried out by public institutions.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- APCER, certification association
- Certification Organizations
Portuguese accreditation institute (IPAC)
- Associations of Standards Users
Portuguese Certification Association (APCER)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Industrial Standards in Portugal!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Portuguese companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: