Sourcing in Portugal
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Type of Production
- In 2007, industry represented 25.9% of GDP and 30.5% of employment. The pharmaceuticals, automobiles, biotechnologies, molds, and new information and communication technologies (NICT) industries occupied an important place in the industrial landscape.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Association of the automobile branch (AFIA)
Association of the mold industry (CEFAMOL)
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- OEMs in Portugal are generally pharmaceutical laboratories, some textile and top-of-the-range shoe companies.
- For some years now, Portugal has been a country with many opportunities for subcontracting because of its geographical proximity and low labor cost. The association of the metallurgical and metalomechanical sector has even created a service: " the subcontracting exchange". There are still opportunities in the textile and furniture sectors.
- Useful Resources
Minho Industrial association
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Portuguese companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
Internationalization Consulting, BrazilHow2Go specializes in bilateral internationalization of companies from Europe and America, formed by a team of...