Personal Tax in Portugal
- Tax Base For Residents and Non-Residents
- Residents are subject to the same fiscal regime (IRS) as the Portuguese. Non-residents can choose to be subject or not to the IRS on all their income (art. 22-nº 3 and 5 of the IRS code).
|Personal income tax (IRS)||Porgressive rate from 10.5% to 42%|
|Up to EUR 4,755||10.5%|
|EUR 4,755 - 7,192||13%|
|EUR 7,192 - 17,836||23.5%|
|EUR 17,836 - 41,021||34%|
|EUR 41,021 - 59,450||36.5%|
|EUR 59,450 - 64,634 (bracket modified in 2010)||40%|
|EUR 64,634 and over||42%|
- Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Children's education and prolonged studies for adults (courses approved by the Ministry), health expenses, investment in renewable energies, buying IT equipment, etc.
- Special Expatriate Tax Regime
- If expatriates do not have a residence in Portugal, they can choose between total income tax in Portugal or in their country of origin. If they do have a residence in Portugal, they are subject to the IRS regime.
- Capital Tax Rate
- Capital may be taxed according to the IRS code (article 5 numbers 71 and 72).
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Personal Tax in Portugal!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Portuguese companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: