Trade Disputes in Portugal
- Arbitration is a solution for settling disputes. An arbitrator is called in to make the final decision in the resolution of such conflicts.
- Arbitration Law
- Lei nº 31/86
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
Party to the Geneva Protocol on Arbitration Clauses.
Party to the Geneva Convention of the Execution of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- The court of arbitration is composed of an odd number of arbitrators (usually three), who are chosen by the disputing parties.
- Arbitration Procedure
- Any person or company facing a dispute can resort to arbitration on condition that both parties wish to resort to this procedure. The sentence decided by the arbitrators is not binding. If the person sentenced refuses to carry it out, the other party will have to resort to a state tribunal for an exequatur ruling. The person sentenced can refer to the Court of Appeal to request the quashing of the sentence.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
Arbitration center of the Chamber of Commerce (Sectors Covered: commerce)
Arbitration Tribunal (Sectors Covered: real estate)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Portugal!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Portuguese companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: