Dining in Portugal
- Categories of Restaurant
- Local bistrots/eating houses much appreciated by workers in a hurry, about 7 EUR.
- "Pastelarias "and "cafés"
- Pastry shops and cafés with fast meals at lunchtime. About 7 EUR.
- Economical restaurants
- Typical, regional cuisine, about 12 EUR.
- Brasseries usually with seafood menus. The prices may therefore vary a lot.
- Wine bars, offering wine tasting and menus devised around wines.
- Medium-priced restaurants
- Medium-priced restaurants, with Portuguese or international cuisine, between 15 and 30 EUR.
- Smart restaurants
- Sophisticated Portuguese or international cuisine, over 40 EUR.
- Rules For Eating Out
- Prices displayed in restaurants and cafés have taxes and service included. A tip is not obligatory, but it is usual to leave some money on the table after paying the bill (between 5% and 10% of the bill).
|Economy Meal||from 5 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||from 10 to 15 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||from 25 EUR|
- Food Specialties
- Bacalhau : salt cod (boiled with chick peas, in a gratin with crème fraîche, grilled, in fritters "pastel de bacalhau", etc...).
- "Arroz de marisco" : rice with seafood.
- "Caldeirada" : fish soup.
- "Pastel de nata" : custard in puff pastry.
- Traditionally a wine producing country. To see the different wines, visit the Associations for the promotion of Portuguese wines website.
- Dietary Restrictions
- No restrictions.
- Table Manners
- Before starting, you wish people « bom apetite ». If you are invited to dinner with a Portuguese family, wait to be shown your place before sitting down and avoid eating with just your fork.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Portugal!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Portuguese companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: