Investment Incentives in Russia
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
Some sectors can have reduced Customs duties or VAT.
It mainly takes the form of 6 Special Economic Areas with a defined sectoral aim set up in 2005. Companies setting up in these areas (described after) benefit from tax reductions: exemption from property tax and regional tax, rate of unified social tax at 14% instead of 26%, possibility of deducting more than 70% of research and development costs (in innovation areas), etc.
- Privileged Domains
In 2005 the government created special economic areas of technological innovation or industrial production.
Innovations: microelectronics, nuclear technology, new information technologies and materials, petroleum chemistry.
Industrial production: household appliances, automobile industry.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Dubna, Zelenograd, Strelma, Tomsk, Yelabuga, Lipetsk
- Privileged Geographical Zones
Kaliningrad, Nakhodka, Ingushetia, Magadan
Nearly all the products imported in these areas are exempt from Customs duties. In addition, if the products are processed in these areas and the added value goes over 30%, they can be sent to other parts of Russia without Customs duties.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- Technology and software companies may benefit from some tax concessions and up to 4% of reduction in the rate of profit tax and additional benefits are available for investments projects in certain regions. For more information on tax incentive programs you can contact the National Agency for Direct Investment and the North-West Development and Investment Promotion Agency.
- Useful Links
National agency for direct investment
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Federal agency for the Management of Special Economic Areas
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Russia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Russian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: