Industrial Standards in Russia
- National Standards Organizations
Federal Agency for technical regulation and metrology
Test and certification Center (in Russian)
Certification research institute
Institute for information on certification and quality
- Integration in the International Standards Network
Russia is a member of the International Standards Organization (ISO), the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML). It is a signatory to the Metre Convention and an affiliated member of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation.
In the framework of the CIS, Russia is an integral part of the EuroAsian Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification. It is also a member of the European Organization for Quality, and of COOMET (EuroAsian Cooperation of National Metrological Institutions).
- Obligation to Use Standards
- The adoption of standards is voluntary.
- Classification of Standards
- GOST + 4 figures indicating the rank + 2 figures indicating the technical domain.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
The certification system is unwieldy, complicated and often changes. It is still widely based on tests, even for products which have internationally accepted certification. In addition, it is lacking in transparency, in spite of some progress over the last few years.
Nevertheless, the system is often necessary, as companies in particular are very attached to a system of standards. You are advised to call on experienced distributors or consultants.
- Online Consultation of Standards
On-line catalog (in Russian)
New standards (in English)
- Certification Organizations
List of certification organizations
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Industrial Standards in Russia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Russian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: