Employees in Russia
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 40 hours
- Maximum Duration
- 54 hours a week (not more than 4 hours overtime over 2 consecutive days).
Overtime may not be more than 120 hours a year.
- Night Hours
- From 10pm to 6am.
For night work, the legal duration of working time is reduced by 1 hour.
- Working Rest Day
- Work is usually not allowed over week-ends or on public holidays.
In a certain number of cases, it is nevertheless permitted with the written agreement of the employee.
- Paid Annual Vacation
- 28 days per year
- Retirement Age
- .Retirement is possible from age 55 for women and age 60 for men (after 5 years' contributions in the private sector and 15 in the public sector).
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- Employing people under 15 is prohibited.
People under 18 can only be employed for a limited list of jobs. In addition, it is forbidden to make them work at night, at the week-end or make them do overtime.
- Informal Labor Market
- Between 10 and 15% of the working population. This rate is tending to drop due to economic growth and the reduction in taxes.
.A large number have formal employment but carry out some form of trade.
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- At the present time, 1 100 RUR (40 USD ) at the federal level. This went up to 2 000 RUR in September 2008.
The regions can also set their minimum wage.
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings in Russia is RUB 16,447 (USD 528).
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- +50% for the first 2 hours, then +100%
- Pay For Rest Days Worked
- Pay For Night Hours
- No legal provision.
- Pay For Overtime at Night
- As for overtime.
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- Retirement, health insurance and disability benefit, family allowances.
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 26% (unified social tax) but the rate is regressive.
Contributions Paid By the Employee: No contributions.
- Competent Organization
Federal Tax Service
Social Security Fund
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Russia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Russian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: