Sourcing in Russia
- Type of Production
- Industry represents about a quarter of the GDP and a sixth of all employment. The trend is towards a drop.
Traditionally the most developed sectors are heavy industry (metallurgy and chemicals) as well as the automobile industry and aeronautics.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Council of Secondary Non-Ferrous Metallurgy Industrial Enterprises
The International Union of Metallurgical Equipment Producers.
Russian association of automobile manufacturers
Russian Chemists Union
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- They are especially developed in the sectors of the automobile industry, IT and industrial plant (in particular machines for extracting raw materials) in the form of joint-ventures.
These are generally capital-intensive sectors with a non-negligeable technological component, for which domestic demand is strong.
- Original Design Manufacturers
- ODMs are less widespread.
They are concentrated in the electronics and microelectronics sectors, where salaries are relatively low in relation to the level of qualification.
They are mostly Russian companies.
- This activity is often linked to the country's natural resources: metal parts, plastics and resins but also electronic components. It is particulaly concentrated in the technological fields of excellence which are aeronautics, aerospace and nuclear energy.
For further information, consult a website listing sub-contractors.
- Useful Resources
A.T. Kearney - Global Management Consultants
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Russia is among the top ten in proven oil reserves, and the largest exporter of oil and natural gas in the world.
U.S. Commercial Service Russia on 14 Dec 2010 related to Sourcing in Russia
An analysis of chemical industry developments in the CIS
CIREC on 20 May 2010 related to Sourcing in Russia
An overview of the investment opportunities in the Russian fishing industry for foreign investors
Yury Korolev, Alasund on 7 Apr 2010 related to Sourcing in Russia
At the federal and local level in Russia and CIS (former USSR), our people understand the legislative and russian regulatory process very well. Russia is unquestionably a heavily regulated and complex environment in which to do business. We advise on national public law in all sectors where government russia regulation...
Christ Bonn, Consultant on 1 Dec 2014 related to Sourcing in Russia
How2Go Consultoría de Internacionalización on 4 Jun 2014 related to Sourcing in Russia
Find the related Russian companies with Kompass:
Christ Bonn, Consultant
Internationalization Consulting, BrazilHow2Go specializes in bilateral internationalization of companies from Europe and America, formed by a team of...
Chemical News Agency, the United KingdomCIREC has been engaged for the past two decades in the interpretation and analysis of the chemical industry in...
Investments Fishery Russia, RussiaInvestments in Russian fisheries Knowledge of Russian, Icelandic fisheries and shipbuilding industries Financial...