Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Russia
- Nature of the Tax
- VAT : Nalog na dobalennyu stoimost (NDS)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
The reduced rate of VAT in Russia is 10% and mainly concerns foodstuffs and children's clothes. A zero VAT rate is applicable (but is not limited to) to the following operations:
- export of goods to a destination outside Russia;
- transportation, loading/unloading and arranging of transportation, loading/unloading of exported goods performed by Russian organisations or Russian individual entrepreneurs;
- transportation, loading/unloading and arranging of transportation, loading/unloading of imported goods performed by Russian organisations or Russian individual entrepreneurs (except for Russian railway carriers);
- works (services) related to the transportation of goods in transit;
- some goods and services supplied to foreign diplomatic missions.
- Exclusion From Taxation
Exports are not subject to VAT.
Imports of medical products, medicines and technological goods as well as income from medical services, sales of medicines, banking or insurance products are exempt from VAT.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
The tax is applied to the sales price.
The declaration is made once a month unless the amount of tax is less than 2 million roubles; in that case it is made once a quarter. In general, payment must be made before the 20th of the current month.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- There are excise duties on many luxury goods, in particular on cars, motorbikes, alcohol and tobacco.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Russia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Russian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: