Communications in Russia
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- More than 150 languages are spoken in the Russian Federation and some of them are the official language in a part of the country.
- Business Language
English is more and more widespread.
Managers often understand English better than they speak it. You must be prepared to conduct negotiations in Russian.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Consult the travlang website.
- Free Translation Tools
Multitran : On-line Dictionary including the most important European languages.
Babelfish Translation : Offers text translations from Russian to English and vice-versa.
Rambler : English and German Dictionary
- Quality of Communications
International communications are generally good in the European part of the Russian territory. The use of pre-paid cards reduces the cost drastically, and in particular if you are using a land line.
You can telephone from the premises of the central Telegraph in most cities.
Mobile telephone networks have wide cover; there is no Internet in rural areas.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Russia, Dial 810
To Make a Call to in Russia, Dial +7
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
The number begins with 8 followed by the 3-figure regional code and then the other figures.
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- The international standard GSM leads the market. CDMA-450, AMPS and DAMPS also exist.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- MTS, Beeline (Vimpelcom), Megafon, Skylink.
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Stream.ru, Russia-On-Line and MTU-Intel.
- Access in Public Places
- There are a certain number of Internet-cafés in the big cities; some restaurants and cafés offer Wifi areas.
- Access in Hotels
Internet access points are growing in number in hotels. They are becoming common in Western-style hotels and youth hostels.
Some big hotels are also equipped with Wifi.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Russia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Russian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: