Employees in Saudi Arabia
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 8 hours a day or 48 hours a week. The number of working hours may be raised to 9 hours a day where the workman does not work continuously, such as seasonal establishments, hotel, snack bars, restaurants, etc.
- Maximum Duration
- In the month of Ramadan actual working hours shall not exceed 6 hours a day or 36 hours a week, exclusive of the intervals reserved for prayer, rest, and meals.
- Working Rest Day
- Paid Annual Vacation
- 20 days with full wages payable in advance on completion of 1 year of service. 30 days when the workman completes 5 continuous years.
- Retirement Age
- 60 years for men and 55 years for women.
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
14 years is the minimum age for employment.18 years for working in a mine or a quarry.
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- No minimum wage.
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings is SAR 2,461 (USD 656).
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- normal wage + 50%
- Pay For Rest Days Worked
- Double the normal wage
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- Employer provided health insurance is mandatory for companies employing 500 or more people. Contribution toward social insurance and vocational risk insurance are also to be paid by the employer.
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 11%
Contributions Paid By the Employee: 9%
- Competent Organization
General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Saudi Arabia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: