Sourcing in Saudi Arabia
- Type of Production
- Saudi Arabia is the largest exporter of oil in the world, contributing 20% to the global petroleum production. The petroleum sector accounts for 45% of the Kingdom's GDP and 90% of its export revenues. The government is encouraging private sector growth - especially in power generation, telecommunications, natural gas exploration, and petrochemicals. The private sector contributes 40% to the country's GDP.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
- Saudi Arabian oil company
National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- After joining WTO, the number of OEMs setting up in the Kingdom has been increasing; particularly in sectors like air-conditioning, medical devices, electronics, and telecommunication. One of the major reasons behind growth of the OEMs in Saudi Arabia is the growing domestic market and higher per capita income.
- Original Design Manufacturers
- Very few ODMs are established in the Kingdom. The main reason being lack of qualified R&D professionals.
- The sub-contracting market does not practically exist in Saudi Arabia because of non-availability of skilled labor force and comparatively higher living costs.
- Useful Resources
- Council of Saudi Chambers
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sourcing in Saudi Arabia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: