Business Travel in Saudi Arabia
- Diplomatic Representations
List of Saudi Embassies abroad
Organizing Your Trip
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- Taxis services are available from all main airports to the traveler's destination. The fare should be negotiated in advance. Service taxis which are shared by people charge fare equivalent to buses.
Buses operated by Saudi Arabian Public Transport Company (SAPTCO) are comfortable and usually follow schedule.
- Maps of Urban Networks
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Riyadh Intl (RUH)||33 km / 21 miles||SAR 60 / 30 min||-||-||Available|
|Jeddah (JED)<||17 km / 11 miles||SAR 45-100 / 25-35 min||SAR 50/30-40 min||-||Available|
|Dammam (DMM)||24 km / 15 miles||BHD 50||SAR 10 / 45 min||-||Available|
|Taif (TIF)||28 km of Taif, 77 km of Meccakm / 18 miles of Taif, 48 miles of Mecca||SAR 40-100 / 20-30 min||-||-||-|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- Taxis remain the most suitable means of transport for foreigners. They are regulated by government.
- Rail Companies
Saudi Railways Organisation (SRO)
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|NAS Air||Low cost||Yes||No|
|Saudi Arabian Airlines||Major||Yes||Yes|
|Jazeera airways||Low cost||Yes||Yes|
|Sama Airlines||Low cost||Yes||No|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- Disobeying traffic signals and driving beyond speed limits is common practice. These are also the main reasons for high rate of traffic accidents. Within cities taxi or renting a car is highly recommended. Most road signs are in Arabic, though, many of them are in English too.
- Road Maps
- Find an Itinerary
Live Search Maps
Different Forms of Tourism
Mecca and Medina, the two holiest cities of Islam are the most important part of historical tourism in the country.
Jeddah is home to numerous historical landmarks and buildings such as: the Old Jeddah Wall and Gates, the old quarters, historical mosques.
Islam is the focus of Saudi Arabian culture. Festivals and Events are an integral part of Saudi Arabian culture. These celebrations highlight the customs and traditions in the country and give a beautiful perspective to this wonderful land.
Witness the astonishing landscape and wildlife of the Asir, a range of coastal mountains and the only part of the kingdom where there is significant wild vegetation. View a picturesque settlement of fishermen and weavers on Tarut Island. It is also the site of the oldest town on the peninsula.
- Al-Masjid al-Haram (The Holy Mosque), Mecca
- The Ka'ba and Black Stone, Mecca
- The Prophet's Mosque, Medina
- Floating Mosque of Jeddah, etc.
Though thermal energy is the main source of power in Saudi Arabia, there are no natural hot springs. However few hotels provide hot spring spas.
For more details, visit Saudi World.
Some prominent beaches are Durrat Al-Arus, Shums, Bait Albahar, Salhia and Al Nakeel.
- Winter Sports
- Outdoor Activities
- People also show a lot of interest in activities like scuba diving, windsurfing, and sailing, Golf, horse and camel racing. Do watch the King's Camel Race which takes place in April or May during the national Heritage and Cultural Festival at Jenadriyah .
- Saudi Arabia has a blend of traditional open air markets and modern air conditioned shopping plazas and malls to choose from. If open air Souk is a great place to bargain then the Saudi malls offer the popular international brands. The shops are closed on Fridays and during prayer times.
|Top Highlights of the Capital City|
|Riyadh National Zoo|
|Al Musmak Castle|
|Al Thumairi Gate|
|Al Douh Park|
|Al-Murabba'a Historical Palace|
- Tourism Organizations
Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTTA)
Health and Safety
- Health Precautions
- A certificate of vaccination against Meningococcal Meningitis, for people travelling for HAJJ.
- Children between 3 months and 2 years of age must be given two doses of the Hepatitis A vaccine.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from all travelers arriving from an infected area.
- Tetanus vaccine is requiredInoculation regulations can change at short notice. So it is advised to take necessary measures.
- International Hospitals
Some world famous hospitals in Saudi Arabia are King Khalid Eye Specialist Hospital, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, etc.
For more on list of hospitals in the country, visit the website Hospital worldwide.
- For Further Information on Sanitary Conditions
- For Further Information on Safety Conditions
US Department of State
|Fire and Ambulance||997|
Time Difference and Climate
- Time and Time Difference
- It is %T:%M %A In Riyadh (GMT+3)
- Summer Time Period
Map of the Time Zone
- Type of Climate
Saudi Arabia has a desert climate. Topography plays an important role in making the climate of Saudi Arabia so varied. In Jeddah it is warm for most of the year. Riyadh, which is inland, is hotter in summer and colder in winter, when occasional heavy rainstorms occur.
Though average rainfall is less than 5 inches, in the Asir highlands it may exceed 10 inches. Great temperature extremes ranging from as low as freezing point in winters to 50 degrees Celsius in summers.Frequent sand-laden winds blow from the northern deserts, for days at 25-30 miles an hour.
- For Further Information
Meteorological and Environmental Protection Administration (MEPA)
Average Annual Temperatures and Rainfall
- Food Specialties
- Saudi food is often strongly flavored and spicy. The most common meats are lamb and chicken, beef is rare and pork is proscribed under Islamic law. The main meat meal of the day is lunch. Some of the popular culinary specialties of Saudi Arabia are:
- Pitta bread accompanies every dish;
- Rice, lentils, chick peas and cracked wheat are also common;
- Kultra is popular for lunch;
- Kebabs served with soup and vegetables;
Consumption of alcohol is prohibited and Arabic coffee and fruit drinks are popular alternatives.
Gawha, the ritual of serving coffee, is an important part of Saudi culture.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Alcohol, pork, birds and shellfish is prohibited by the religion which is followed very rigorously by the Muslims.
- Domestic Currency
- Saudi Riyal
- ISO Code
- To Obtain Domestic Currency
- Foreign currency can be changed at commercial banks and moneychangers. Changing currency at hotel may not be advisable as the exchange rate can be very high.
- Possible Means of Payment
- Payment is usually in cash although credit and charge cards are also popular. ATMs are also available at Banks and Shopping malls.
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- English is most widely used. Other languages spoken in Kingdom are Indonesian, Somali, Tagalog, Urdu, Western Farsi.
- Business Language
- Yes, English is widely used as business language.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Free Translation Tools
Free Online Language Translation : Online translation tool between different languages
EmailAddress.com : Free online translation tool
- To Find an Accommodation
- To Find an Apartment
Real Estate Kingdom
Al-ouda Real Estate
- To Find a Job
4International Careers and Jobs
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
U.S. Department Of Commerce, Poland