Industrial Standards in Singapore
- National Standards Organizations
Singapore Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board (SPRING SG)
- Integration in the International Standards Network
- SPRING represents Singapore in regional and international standards activities. Singapore is a member of :
Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Sub-Committee on Standards & Conformance (SCSC)
ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards & Quality (ACCSQ)
Pacific Area Standards Congress (PASC)
- Obligation to Use Standards
- Compliance to Singapore Standards is voluntary in Singapore.
However, obliging to these standards becomes mandatory when used by government bodies in regulations or administrative requirements for safety, environmental and health issues.
- Classification of Standards
- Visit: The Singapore Standardization Programme, operated by SPRING Singapore .
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- SPRING also manages the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC). SAC's primary function is to accredit conformity assessment bodies based on international standards. SAC mark is highly appreciated in Singapore and could lead to better business opportunities.
For more details, visit: Sac Accreditation.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- Refer to ‘ e-services' provided by SPRING Singapore .
- Certification Organizations
Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC)
- Associations of Standards Users
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
The Singapore Standardization Programme
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
This market research report is one of a series produced by the U.S. Commercial Service with practical information for U.S. companies about standards and conformity assessment issues affecting U.S. exporters in specific sectors, to improve their ability to access foreign markets.
U.S. Commercial Service Singapore on 22 Feb 2010 related to Industrial Standards in Singapore
U.S. Department Of Commerce, Singapore