Customs in Singapore
- Import Procedures
Firms importing goods into Singapore require making an inward declaration, in addition to having an import permit.
For details, visit: Import Procedure
- Specific Import Procedures
- Visit: Customs Singapore
- Importing Samples
- Goods entering the country temporarily for repair, stage performance etc. can do so without payment of duty or GST. Using an ATA carnet, foreign companies/exhibitors can import products into the country. For details, visit: Customs Singapore
Customs Duties and Taxes on Imports
- Average Customs Duty (Excluding Agricultural Products)
- 0%Singapore is duty free except for products like automobiles, gasoline, tobacco, and alcohol. For more details, visit: Tariff Schedule
- Products Having a Higher Customs Tariff
- Singapore is duty free, with the exception of automobiles, gasoline, tobacco, and alcohol.
- Preferential Rates
They are granted to imports from the countries with which Singapore has signed Free Trade Agreements (FTA).
For details visit Singapore customs website.
- Customs Classification
- Singapore applies the Harmonized Customs System.
- Method of Calculation of Duties
- The customs duties are calculated Ad valorem on the CIF value of the goods. The Customs and Excise Department is in charge of implementing the customs duties and regulations.
- Method of Payment of Customs Duties
The most efficient way to make payment of custom duties is by GIRO (an electronic direct debit mechanism).
For details, visit the website of the Association of Bank in Singapore.
- Import Taxes (Excluding Consumer Taxes)
- The goods entering straight away in the free-trade area are exempted from GST (goods and services tax). The exemption is not applicable when they are later introduced on the Singaporean territory. GST at a rate of 7% assessed on the CIF + duty value of the product then becomes applicable.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Customs in Singapore!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: