Sightseeing in Singapore
Tourism and Culture
Different Forms of Tourism
- World War II Sites, along with various old historical places like Churches, Temples , Mosque, Old Residence, Bridges are worth seeing.
Visit : The official tourism web site
- Many festivals take place throughout the year (festival of the temple, Mosque, Churches, New year, Country and Culture Celebrations).
- Parks, Gardens and other Panoramic views of the harbors are counted as natural reserves.
- Many temples, Mosque and Church are spread across city of Singapore.
- Two famous hot water springs, Sembawang Hot Spring and Pulau Tekong.
- Beaches add to the beauty of the nation of Singapore . Clink the link to see details: Focus Singapore.
- Winter Sports
- Snow City introduces the concept of snow and cold climates in a fun, entertaining and educational way.
- Outdoor Activities
- Golf, Water Sports, and adventure sports.
- Singapore is known as a shopper's paradise in the region because of the competitive prices and easy availability of goods. Electrical equipment of all types can be bought at Sungei Road , but caution is advised as there are many imitation products around. For more information on shopping in Singapore , see the Singapore Shopping brochure published by the Singapore Tourism Board .
- Tourism Organizations
Singapore Tourism Board
- Cultural Organizations
Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA)
- For Further Information
Government of Singapore web site
Individual and Civic Freedoms
- Political Freedom
- Largely widespread
- Civil Liberty
- Freedom of the Press
- Compromised by the extension of regulations on foreign media and the government's heavy-handed approach to civil society activism.
- World Ranking of Freedom of the Press According to "Reporters sans Frontières", 2009 report : 133/175
- Evolution: 11 places up compared to 2008
- For Further Information, Consult Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2009, Reporters Without Borders
- Free Access to the Internet
- Freedom of Assembly
- Rule of Law
WidespreadHowever the country's Criminal Law enables police to search a person or property without a warrant in the interest of preserving national security, public safety and order, and the public interest. The government can detain suspects.
- Personal Autonomy and Individual Rights
- Generally respected.
- Women's Condition
- Women in Singapore have legal equality, and they work in all sectors of the economy.
- For Further Information
Human rights report, US Department of State
- Degree of Freedom
- Buddhism, Islam, Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity and others like Jews, Sikhs, Jains, etc.
- Role of Religion in Society
- Singapore is a cosmopolitan society where people live harmoniously and interaction among different races is very commonly.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
In Singapore and across Asia gift giving is an important cultural part of doing business. It helps to gain the respect and trust of another person, and demonstrates you have good manners.
GTP - Global Training Partners Singapore on 18 Feb 2014 related to Sightseeing in Singapore
Cross Cultural Intercultural Training Singapore