Business Travel in Singapore
- Passport and Visa Service
To get more information on visa and entry requirements, visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Singapore.
- Diplomatic Representations
To known list of countries embassies in Singapore kindly visit the given link.
Organizing Your Trip
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
An efficient public transportation network of taxis, buses and the modern Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) rail system ensures that travelling cross this city state is hassle-free and extremely affordable.Buy an ez-link card. It can be used both for MRT and Buses.
- Maps of Urban Networks
UT Library on line
Singapore Network Map
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Singapore - Changi Intl (SIN||19 km / 12 miles||SGD 22-30 / 25 min||SGD 2||SGD 2.80 / 25-30 min||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- Most commonly used transportation is The Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) it is a modern, air-conditioned passenger train service with stations all over the island. Trains operate from 0530 hrs until 0030 hrs daily. Travelling on the MRT is cheap, with rides ranging from SGD 0.80 to a maximum of SGD 1.70.
Taxi's are a little bit expensive and take long duration to reach the destination. For a group of four passengers with luggage Taxi is recommended.
- Rail Companies
Keretapi Tanah Melayu (Malayan Railways Limited);
SMRT Corporation Ltd (SMRT)
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|Tiger Airways||Low Cost||No||Yes|
|Valuair, now Orange Start||Low Cost||No||Yes|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- Driving in Singapore is considered safe. A right permit is required for driving in Singapore which is issued by Land Transport Authority . Public streets and commuter facilities are well-lit for the safety of all road-users. Traffic signs and directional signs are clear and plentiful. Some sections of highways are restricted during rush hours.
- Road Maps
- Find an Itinerary
Different Forms of Tourism
- World War II Sites, along with various old historical places like Churches, Temples , Mosque, Old Residence, Bridges are worth seeing.
Visit : The official tourism web site
- Many festivals take place throughout the year (festival of the temple, Mosque, Churches, New year, Country and Culture Celebrations).
- Parks, Gardens and other Panoramic views of the harbors are counted as natural reserves.
- Many temples, Mosque and Church are spread across city of Singapore.
- Two famous hot water springs, Sembawang Hot Spring and Pulau Tekong.
- Beaches add to the beauty of the nation of Singapore . Clink the link to see details: Focus Singapore.
- Winter Sports
- Snow City introduces the concept of snow and cold climates in a fun, entertaining and educational way.
- Outdoor Activities
- Golf, Water Sports, and adventure sports.
- Singapore is known as a shopper's paradise in the region because of the competitive prices and easy availability of goods. Electrical equipment of all types can be bought at Sungei Road , but caution is advised as there are many imitation products around. For more information on shopping in Singapore , see the Singapore Shopping brochure published by the Singapore Tourism Board .
|Top Highlights of the Country|
- Tourism Organizations
Singapore Tourism Board
Health and Safety
- Health Precautions
- Vaccination certificates are required for travellers who, within the preceding six days, have been in or passed through any country in which yellow fever is prevalent.
- International Hospitals
- Singapore has many international quality hospitals. Doctors and Nurses in hospitals are well acquainted with English. Singapore health care costs are very high. Doctors and hospitals expect immediate payment for services. Patients are usually required to provide a deposit or guarantee of payment prior to admission.
- For Further Information on Sanitary Conditions
Ministry of Health , Singapore
- For Further Information on Safety Conditions
Visit the web site of Canadian Foreign Office
Visit the site of the US department of State
Singapore Tourism Board
|Fire and Ambulance||995|
|Non Emergency Ambulance||1777|
Time Difference and Climate
- Time and Time Difference
- It is %T:%M %A In Singapour (GMT+8)
- Summer Time Period
Map of the Time Zone
- Type of Climate
- Equatorial: warm and humid climate throughout the year. The temperature varies between 20°C and 35°C. Rainstorms are very common. The wettest period lasts from November to January and the driest from May to July.
- For Further Information
Meteorological Services Division (National Environment Agency of Singapore)
Average Annual Temperatures and Rainfall
- Food Specialties
- Beef rendang (coconut milk beef curry), Chilli crab (fresh crab with a piquant sauce), Gado gado (a fruit and vegetable salad in peanut sauce), Satay (skewers of marinated meat cooked over charcoal), etc.Most of the dishes display photos, and you can watch them being prepared also.
- Singapore Sling, Teh arak tarik, Soya bean milk, Sugar cane juice, Tiger Beer.
- Dietary Restrictions
You should never pass food to Muslims with your left hand.
Also, it is advisable not to order alcohol when dining with Muslims.Never leave chopsticks upright in a rice bowl as this resembles a grave marker which is considered a sign of bad omen.
- Domestic Currency
- Singapore Dollar
- ISO Code
- To Obtain Domestic Currency
- Foreign currency and traveler's cheques can be changed at most banks and licensed money changers; however some of them do not offer this service on Saturday.
To avoid additional exchange rate charges, travelers are advised to take traveller's cheques in Pounds Sterling.
- Possible Means of Payment
Cash is widely used. In addition credit cards of American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and Visa are widely accepted.ATMs are widespread.
- Official Language
- English, Mandarin Chinese, Malay, Tamil.
- Other Languages Spoken
- Hakka, Cantonese, Teochew, Other Chinese dialects.
- Business Language
- English is the most common language used and is the language which unites the different ethnic groups and business together.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- For English to Malay Phrases, visit:
For English to Tamil Phrases, visit: Linguanaut.
For English to Mandarin Chinese, visit: Kwintessential.
- Free Translation Tools
Yahoo Babel Fish : Translation of text and web pages
Dictionary.com : Translation of text and web pages
Google Language Tools : For English to Chinese translation
- To Find an Accommodation
Singapore Tourism Board,
Move and Stay
Singapore Hotels Association
- To Find an Apartment
Singapore Property Exchange
Innovative Housing Agency
- To Find a Job
Association of Employment Agencies (Singapore)
Singapore Jobs Directory
Singapore Job Market
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
According to October 2010 statistics, there has been an estimated 30 percent increase in the number of Singaporeans visiting the U.S. compared to a year ago, surpassing the decline in 2009. Figures are now back on the rise, paralleling a strong recovery from the global economic crisis.
U.S. Commercial Service on 19 Apr 2011 related to Business Travel in Singapore
Business discussions are usually conducted in a very straightforward manner. English is widely spoken and most businesspeople are skilled and technically knowledgeable. Most agents/distributors have visited the United States and often handle several American product lines.
U.S. Commercial Service Singapore on 23 Feb 2010 related to Business Travel in Singapore
US GovTrade Promotion, the United States
U.S. Department Of Commerce, Singapore