Industrial Standards in South Africa
- National Standards Organizations
South African Bureau of Standards (SABS)
Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Integration in the International Standards Network
SABS is a member of :
- International Standard organization (ISO);
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC);
- African Organisation for Standardisation (ARSO).
- Obligation to Use Standards
- The standards proposed by SABS are obligatory in those cases concerned with public safety (Chemicals, Food and Health, Electric and Electronic equipment). In 2007, only 53 of SABS’s approximately 5,000 standards were actually mandatory.
- Classification of Standards
- SABS Standards
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- The SABS Mark is highly regarded in South Africa, and it is a powerful marketing tool which can increase the sales potential in this market as well as in neighbouring markets.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- SABS Online Standards Webstore
- Certification Organizations
SANAS South African National Accreditation System.
- Associations of Standards Users
Association of Security Engineers of South Africa (ASESA)
The Motor Vehicle Security Association of South Africa (VESA)
South African Agricultural Machinery Association(SAAMA)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Industrial Standards in South Africa!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: