Industrial Standards in South Korea
- National Standards Organizations
Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS)
- Integration in the International Standards Network
- International Level: The International Standard organization (ISO); The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
- Obligation to Use Standards
- In many cases, the government obliges the industries to meet KS standard, even if the KS usage is not totally obligatory.
- Classification of Standards
- KS consists of 16 categories from General to Information Industry and is divided into three parts. More information available on The Korean standards website.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- Respect of voluntary standardization is highly regarded in Korea; it can increase sales potential on the market and the acceptance of the product by consumers.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- Korean Standards Service Network
- Certification Organizations
Korean Standards Association (KSA)
- Associations of Standards Users
Community of Korea Standards Association (KSA)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
The Korean Government adopted the ISO 9000 system (modified as the KSA 9000) as the official standard system in April 1992. The Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) continues to work to make Korean standards consistent with international standards.
U.S. Commercial Service South Korea on 6 Jan 2010 related to Industrial Standards in South Korea
U.S. Department of Commerce, South Korea