Sourcing in South Korea
- Type of Production
- The manufacturing sector contributes nearly 40% to the GDP while as the services sector contributes around 57,2%. Korea's main industrial activity sectors are textile, steel industry, automobile manufacturing, shipbuilding and electronics (semiconductors, mobile phone, TV, etc).
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Korea Automobile Manufacturers Association (KAMA)
Korea Electronic Industries Cooperative (KEIC)
Korea Federation of Textile Industries (KOFOTI)
Korea Shipbuilders' Association (KOSHIPA)
Korea Iron & Steel Association (KOSA)
Korea Automobile Importers & Distributors Association
Korea Pharmaceutical Trades Association
Korea Wines & Spirits Importers Association
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- OEMs are found in every major Korean industrial sectors like automobile, electronics, information, clothing, etc.
- Original Design Manufacturers
- In the electronics and information sectors like mobile phones or printers, the ODMs are growing to adapt the rapidly changing market need.
Most of big groups like Hyundai, Samsung and LG depend largely on their subcontractors. To survive in the international market, these big groups are more demanding the high quality and the innovation to their subcontractors.
Meanwhile, the unjust practices of these big groups upon their subcontractors became social issues. Therefore, the Fair Frade Commission (FTC) reinforces the inspection on the unfair subcontract transactions and orders the corrective measure to defray the unpaid subcontract payments, etc.
- Useful Resources
Korea Auto Industries Coop. Association
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sourcing in South Korea!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: