Investment Incentives in Spain
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
Employment aid (Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs), special government grants, credits.
In parallel to the government aids, each of the 17 autonomous communities have their own system of incentives. The investors must approach the regional authorities of the place of establishment to benefit from these aids as well as the community aids (especially for the depressed areas).
- Privileged Domains
- Job creation, training, research and development, renewable energies, tourism sector, broadcasting sector. The preferred sectors are TIC, renewable energies and environment.
- Privileged geographical sectors
Special aids are granted to companies investing in regions which are lagging behind in economic development (3/4th of the territory). There are community aids as in support provided by the European Union in the least favored regions.
The regions concerned by the European FEDER program,
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- The free zones of Spain.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- In Spain, a series of credit against tax payable may be taken for research and development (25% of expenses). Where the expenses exceed the average amount incurred in the preceding two years, a credit equal to 46% is available on the amount exceeding the average amount of 27% credit. 6% of credit for investment export activity and 8% to 12% of credit on technological innovation of existing products. These incentives will be reduced in future exercises, finally expiring in 2014. Industrial development banks and companies and venture capital companies and funds are subject to special tax regimes. For more information on tax incentives you can consult regional investment organizations : Agency of Innovation and Development of Andalucia Agency (IDEA) ; Bestin CLM, Investment Agency for Castilla - La Mancha ; Catalonia Investment Agency (CIDEM) ; PromoMadrid ; Service Center for the internationalisation of the Catalan Companies.
- Useful Links
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Spain!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Spanish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: