Trade Compliance in Spain
- International Conventions
Member of World Trade Organisation
Member of OECD
Party to the Kyoto Protocol
Party to the Washington Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
Party to the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal
Party of the International Coffee Agreement 2001
- Main International Economic Cooperation
European Economy Section.
- Party of the ATA Convention on Temporary Admissions and Use of the Carnets
As a Reminder, the ATA is a System Allowing the Free Movement of Goods Across Frontiers and Their Temporary Admission Into a Customs Territory With Relief From Duties and Taxes. The Goods Are Covered By a Single Document Known as the ATA Carnet That is Secured By an International Guarantee System.
Look Up the Other Member Countries And Read the Web Pages of the World Customs Organization Devoted to the ATA Carnet.
- Party of the TIR Convention
As a Reminder, the TIR Convention and its Transit Regime Contribute to the Facilitation of International Transport, Especially International Road Transport, Not Only in Europe and the Middle East, But Also in Other Parts of the World, Such as Africa and Latin America.
The UNCTAD Website Allows You to Read the TIR Convention, See the List of Member Countries And to Find Further Information.
- Accompanying Documents For Imports
The goods movement within the community area is exempted from customs duty and customs formalities.
Documents required for an intracommunity delivery:
- Sales invoice (two copies)
- Delivery note (optional document)
- Sanitary and phytosanitary certificate (for living animals)
- Unique Data Folder, UDF (for exchanges with the Overseas Departments, Channel Islands and Canary Islands).
Additional documents for an extra-community transaction:
- Import licenses
- Single Administrative Document (SAD)
- Health certificate
- Free Zones
- For Further Information
Agencia Tributaria (Customs agency)
Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce
- Non Tariff Barriers
Spain applies the community regulations valid in the entire European Union.
There are a certain number of restrictions for agricultural products ensuing from the application of CAP (Common Agricultural Policy).
Besides, for health reasons, the presence of GMO must be systematically specified on the packages.
It is forbidden to import hormone-fed beef.
The BSE crisis (the "mad cow's" disease) prompted the authorities to strengthen phytosanitary measures to ensure the quality of meat entering and moving on the territory of the Union. The principle of precaution is henceforth preferred to a greater extent: in case of doubt, the import is forbidden until proof of harmlessness of the products is established.
- Sectors or Products For Which Commercial Disagreements Have Been Registered With the WTO
- Assessment of Commercial Policy
The pages of WTO dedicated to Spain
Barriers to exchanges, inventoried by the United States
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Compliance in Spain!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Spanish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: