Corporate Tax in Spain
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- The companies set up in Spain are taxed on their worldwide revenues and profits, while the foreign (non-resident) companies are taxed only on their revenues made in the country.
|Taxes on companies (basic)||30%|
|Special Tax rate for the SMEs for which the annual turnover is less than 8 million EUR.||25% of 0 to 120,202 Euros of their profits, for the remaining: 30%.|
|Companies specializing in exploration, search and exploitation of hydrocarbons||35%|
|Mutual benefit insurance companies, mutual guarantee firms, credit cooperatives and rural savings banks, professional orders, sectorial associations, official chambers of commerce, workers' union, non-profit organizations, cooperative unions, employment promotion funds, State ports and autonomous ports.||25%|
|Fiscally protected cooperatives||20%|
|Investment companies & portfolio investment funds
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
Taxation same as for Spanish companies for the foreign companies established in Spain unless there are non-double taxation agreements.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Capital gains are taxed as ordinary income. The rate is 30%.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
Relief for Ceuta and Melilla territories, export business, local public service, deductions for R&D activities, technological innovation, TIC development, protection and distribution of historical assets, investment in movie and audiovisual productions, publishing books, investment in environment protection or in geographic positioning systems via satellite or mobility of persons with handicaps, childcare, professional training, job creation for handicapped people, reinvestment of excess profits, employer contribution to special worker protection systems.
Tax rebate exists but is not used much. Compensation for losses can benefit from a tax rebate over 15 years.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- 1% capital duty is levied on the contribution of capital and upon liquidation. Nonresidents pay a special 3% tax (except if there is a tax treaty with Spain in force). Stamp duty of 0.5% levied on notarised document.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||8.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||197.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||56.5||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Spain!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Spanish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: