Communications in Spain
- Official Language
- Castilian (Spanish)
- Other Languages Spoken
- Some regions use their regional language for conducting business (Euskera, Catalan, Galician, Valencian). Other minor regional languages can be used: Bable, Aragonese, Aranese, Extremaduran.
- Business Language
English is rarely used but it is developing.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Use the travlang website.
- Free Translation Tools
Dictionarios.com : Translation from Spanish to English, German, French or Italian as well as to Euskera, Catalan or Galician.
Eurodicautom : Translation into various European languages
- Quality of Communications
- Means of communication in Spain are developed and cover the entire region. The communication network is decent. However, using mobile phones or Internet can be difficult in the rural areas.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Spain, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Spain, Dial +34
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
9 + area code + 6 other numbers
mobile: 6 + operator code + 6 other digits
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Movistar, Orange (formerly Amena), Vodafone, as well as other virtual operators.
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Telefonica, Orange, Jazztel, Ono, Yacom, Tele2, Arrakis, Al-pi (Catalonia), Euskaltel (Basque Country), R (Galicia).
- Access in Public Places
- There are more than 400 business centers, 650 cyber-cafes and many WiFi zones in public places (bars, fast food, business centers, etc.).
- Access in Hotels
- All higher range hotels offer internet connectivity.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Spain!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Spanish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: