Investment Incentives in Sweden
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Financing of investments, subsidies, loans, guarantees, few professional taxes, no with-holding tax on dividends, favorable regime for holding companies.
- Privileged Domains
- Sectors of construction, electricity and the wholesale foodstuff market.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Concerning regional incentives, subsidies are allocated according to the region where the company has set up. Sweden is divided into two zones (1 and 2). In zone 1, subsidies are capped at 35%, whereas in zone 2, they are capped at 20%.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- The country is a zone with Customs duty exemption for holdings. For further information, click here.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- Foreign expatriates (experts, key-persons, scientists and company management living in Sweden for a period of not more than five years) are eligible for a tax relief during the first three-year period: 75% of the salary and some allowances are taxable but the rest is tax-exempt. An employer does not have to pay social security fees on the part of the salary and allowances that are tax-exempt. For more information on tax incentive programs you can contact regional investment organizations: Stockholm Business Region and Business Region Göteborg (BRG).
- Useful Links
Invest in Sweden Agency (ISA)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Sweden!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swedish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: