Investment Opportunities in Sweden
Protection of Foreign Investment
- Bilateral Investment Conventions Signed By Sweden
To see the list of countries, click here.
To see the conventions, click here.
- International Controversies Registered By UNCTAD
- There have been no controversies registered by UNCTAD.
- Organizations Offering Their Assistance in Case of Disagreement
ICCWBO , International court of arbitration, International chamber of commerce
ICSID , International Center for settlement of Investment Disputes
- Member of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
- Sweden is a signatory to the MIGA Convention.
Country Comparison For the Protection of Investors
|Index of Transaction Transparency*||8.0||6.0||7.0||5.0|
|Index of Manager’s Responsibility**||4.0||5.2||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Shareholders’ Power***||7.0||6.8||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Investor Protection****||6.3||6.0||8.3||5.0|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Procedures Relative to Foreign Investment
- Freedom of Establishment
It takes two to three weeks once the Swedish Company Registration Bureau has received the written application.
- Acquisition of Holdings
- Taking a majority holding in the capital of a Swedish company is allowed. Click here.
- Obligation to Declare
- The investment promotion agency in the country gives information about the authorizations necessary for setting up.
- Competent Organization For the Declaration
The Swedish Company Registration Bureau (Bolagsverket)
Office Real Estate and Land Ownership
- The Possibility of Buying Land and Industrial and Commercial Buildings
Very simple and taxes are not high.
- Risk of Expropriation
- Expropriation is possible for public aims; it is not discriminatory, and there is reasonable compensation in conformity with the established principles of international law.
- Forms of Aid
- Financing of investments, subsidies, loans, guarantees, few professional taxes, no with-holding tax on dividends, favorable regime for holding companies.
- Privileged Domains
- Sectors of construction, electricity and the wholesale foodstuff market.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Concerning regional incentives, subsidies are allocated according to the region where the company has set up. Sweden is divided into two zones (1 and 2). In zone 1, subsidies are capped at 35%, whereas in zone 2, they are capped at 20%.
- Free Zones
- The country is a zone with Customs duty exemption for holdings. For further information, click here.
- The Key Sectors of the National Economy
- Automobile, shops, cleaning, natural resources, packaging.
- High Potential Sectors
- Automobile, shops, cleaning, natural resources, packaging, life sciences.
- Privatization Programs
- Banking sector, telecommunications.
- Tenders, Projects and Public Procurement
Tenders Info, Tenders in Sweden
Ted - Tenders Electronic daily, Business opportunities in EU 27
DgMarket, Tenders Worldwide
Sectors Where Investment Opportunities Are Fewer
- Monopolistic Sectors
- Post, delivery
- Sectors in Decline
- Real estate.
Finding Assistance For Further Information
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Opportunities in Sweden!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swedish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: