Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Sweden
Accounting (0) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- MOMS (mervärdesskart) - Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- Reduced rate of 12%: foodstuffs, hotel services, camp sites and imports of artworks.
Lowest rate of 6%: newspapers, passenger transport services and cultural events.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- The medical and dental sectors, social security, real estate sales, education, the banking system, insurances and some cultural and sports activities are exempted from VAT.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- VAT is passed on to the price of goods or services delivered to customers. The sum to be paid to the tax services corresponds to the difference between the VAT paid to suppliers and that levied on customers.
For further information, consult the tax authority's website.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Tax on energy products, several sorts of stamp duty (the highest is 2% and is applicable to real estate transactions), tax on the sale of shares and securities (30%), vehicle tax (it varies according to the weight of the vehicle and is higher for diesel cars), excise tax (very high, levied on alcohol and tobacco).
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Swedish companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,