Personal Tax in Sweden
- Tax Base For Residents and Non-Residents
- Residents are taxed on all their income (national and international) while non-residents are only taxed on their income received in Sweden.
|Individuals pay both a municipal tax which rate is between 28.89% and 34.17% + the national income tax.||The overall rate of income tax in Sweden is between 28.89% and 59.17%. For national income tax, the rate is between 0% and 25%.|
|SEK 0 to 380,200||0%|
|SEK 380,200 to 538,800||20%|
|SEK 538,800 and above||25%|
- Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Deductions for business travel expenses, rise in cost of living (rise in rent for example).
- Special Expatriate Tax Regime
- Tax reductions for certain expatriate management personnel (limited duration of 5 years). Flat rate reduction of 25%. This measure is only possible during the first three years of work and is reserved exclusively for people who do not have Swedish nationality.
- Capital Tax Rate
- Net income on capital investment, dividends, and capital gains are generally taxed at 30%. For further information, consult the Invest in Sweden website.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Personal Tax in Sweden!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swedish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: