Domestic Transportation in Sweden
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- Public transport is practical, reliable and punctual. Stockholm has buses, trams, and a metro (T-banan). Göteborg and Norrköping have trams. You can also get around by bicycle in the capital (there are many cycle lanes). And you can move around by ferry. Taxis are quite widespread (tip about 10%), but they are expensive. Large taxi companies are less expensive than independent taxis.
- Maps of Urban Networks
Map of transport in Stockholm.
Stockholm metro map.
Göteborg network map.
- Urban Transport Agencies
Swedish tramway society.
- Find an Itinerary
Itinéraire à Stockholm
Itinéraire dans le comté de Västra Götaland
Itinéraire en transport en commun en Suède
- Taxi Companies
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Stockholm - Arlanda (ARN||40 km / 25 miles||SEK 400 / 35-40 min||SEK 110 / 40 min||SEK 200 / 20 min||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- The Rail network is modern and well developed and covers the whole country. Traveling by plane from one city to another is efficient and inexpensive. Ferry transfers are also possible in the islands of the south-east coast, the islands of Stockholm, and between Gotland and Nynäshamn and Oskarshamn.
- Rail Companies
SJ (Statens Järnvägars)
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|SAS Scandinavian Airlines||Major||yes||Yes|
|Fly Nordic||Low cost||no||Yes|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- Sweden is the country in the world where there are the fewest road accidents. The state of the roads is excellent. Some roads may be closed in winter. Headlights must be on all the time, day and night. Vehicles must be equipped with winter tyres between 1 December and 31 March. Child seats are compulsory for children under 7. Vehicle hire is possible in most towns, and all the international agencies are present. In the north, service stations are more scarce, but maps of service stations are available. Motorways are free, but be careful as you can suddenly find yourself on a single lane or at a traffic light. Road signs are not always very clear in towns.
- Driver's License
- To find out if your driver's license is valid in Sweden, consult the Swedish road safety website.
- Conditions For Renting a Vehicle
- It depends on the rental agency; ask them for information.
- Rental Agencies
- Tolls or Taxes
Motorways are free in Sweden.
There are tolls for vehicles entering or leaving the center of Stockholm.
For further information, consult the Swedish Road Administration website.
- Road Maps
- Find an Itinerary
- Traffic Conditions Online
- Parking Facilities
- You have to pay to park in the main towns (parking meters from 8am to 6pm). Generally, they are only on the right-hand side of the street.
Rules of the Road
- Minimum Driving Age
- Side of the Road For Driving
- On the right.
- Speed Limits
In town, 50 km/h and 30 km/h outside schools.
Outside urban areas, 70 or 90 km/h, 110 km/h on motorways.
- Safety Belts
- Compulsory front and rear.
- Permitted Amount of Alcohol in the Blood
- 0.20 g/l
- National Roads Organizations
Swedish Road Administration.
World Road Association
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Domestic Transportation in Sweden!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swedish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: