Dining in Sweden
- Categories of Restaurant
- From the Michelin starred restaurant to the simple inn. Dishes of the day (Dagens Rätt) are served between 11am and 2pm. Expect to pay 250-300 SEK for a set menu.
- Restaurants serving foreign cuisine
- Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Mexican cuisine, etc.
- Brasseries and self-service restaurants
- Very affordable, the cooking is simple and wholesome.
- Rules For Eating Out
- In hotels, service charges are usually included in the bill.
Swedish people usually eat a savory breakfast, have a quick snack at about noon, and have an early dinner about 6pm.
|Economy Meal||7 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||14 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||30 EUR|
- Food Specialties
Swedish cuisine has become very international and incorporated elements from all over the world.
The herring is one of the leading ingredients; it is cooked in many ways, for example el surstromming (fermented herring), stekt strömming (fried Baltic herring), böckling (smoked herring), sillbullar (fried balls of herring).
Swedish specialties are: Renstek (roast reindeer), köttbullar (meatballs), Janssons frestelse (gratin of potatoes and anchovies in thin slices), sillsallad (herring salad in a sour sauce), pitepalt (made of potatoes and barley flour), Smörgas (open sandwiches with many toppings: herring, shrimp, etc.), kanel bulle (snail-shaped cinnamon Viennese pastry), princess tarta (large green iced cake with whipped cream), smultrons (wild strawberries), hjorrtons (a sort of yellow blackberry which grows in Lapland) filmjölk (fermented milk).
To see some Swedish recipes, click here.
Alcohol is sold exclusively in Systembolaget shops.
Minimum age: 20
Different beers: Lättöl (the least strong, less than 2.2%), Folköl, Mellanöl and Starköl (the strongest and the best). You must be 18 to drink beer and 20 to buy it.
Aquavit is a brandy. It is the Swedish national drink.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Table Manners
- Table manners are continental.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Sweden!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swedish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: