Investment Incentives in Switzerland
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
Investment incentives are offered at the federal and canton levels, which could include: Tax holidays or reduced tax rates up to 10 years. Subsidies on interest of bank loans. Offering loan guarantees.
The incentives as well as the regions for which incentives are available are specified in the so called “Lex Bonny Decree”.
- Privileged Domains
- Large scale investments in manufacturing and service sectors with potential for job creation are preferred.
- Privileged geographical sectors
There are warehouses in the country where goods can be imported duty-free as long as these goods are subsequently re-exported.
Moreover, Swiss international airports have stores offering duty free shopping.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- No free zones exist in the country.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- Tax incentives are granted on a case-by-case basis, and their extent and duration largely depend on the size of the investment and the importance attributed to the economic development of the canton or region concerned by the cantonal and federal governments. Such an incentive may be either relief or exemption from income tax for up to ten years. For more information on tax incentive programs you can contact OSEC Website.
- Useful Links
Swiss Foreign Investment Agency
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Switzerland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swiss companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: