Industrial Standards in Switzerland
- National Standards Organizations
Swiss Standards Association SNV (Schweizerische Normen Vereinigung). SNV is the umbrella of all standards and certification organisations in Switzerland.
- Integration in the International Standards Network
SNV is a member :
- Obligation to Use Standards
- Classification of Standards
The various domains of standardization along with relevant organisation is mentioned below:
1. Electrosuisse Domains covered: electrical savety standards, electromagnetic emissions
2. SIA Domains covered: building standards (above and underground construction,cultural aspects, environmental critera, insulation, air-cond/heating/safety)
3. VSS Domains covered: traffic safety, planning of public and private sector transportation networks, energy efficiency, signaling, safety in tunnels, financing
4. SVGW Sector covered: quality standards of processes and equipment for drinking water and natural gas
5. VSA Sector covered: sewage treatment and water pollution control
6. SICTA (Swiss Information & Communications Technology Association) Sector covered: Communications equipment
7. BAKOM (Swiss Federal Office for Communications) Sector covered: telecommunications incl. radio and TV;
8. Swissmem Sector covered: industrial machinery such as machine tools, textile machines,packaging machine, power generating and distribution equipment etc.
9. Interpharma Secor covered: manufacturers of pharmaceuticals with own research departments
10. SWISSMEDIC Sector covered: Therapeutic Products (Swiss government agency similar to FDA in USA)
11. SUVA Sector covered: Occupational safety.
12. BAG Sector covered: public health
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- Switzerland is a member of CEN (European agency for standards) and thus needs to adopt any new European standards, as 50% of country’s GDP is based on foreign trade. Switzerland applies “Harmonized European Standards” pertaining to health, safety and environmental criteria. All products covered by those standards must carry the CE label as a sign of compliance in all EU countries. The use of CE labels helps the sale of products in local market as well.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- Visit the SNV.
- Certification Organizations
Swiss Federal Office for Metrology and Accreditation (SAS).
- Associations of Standards Users
Swiss Office of Norms Practice (NOP)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Industrial Standards in Switzerland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swiss companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: